Garage Door Openers Repair Houston Tx
GDR Houston has been serving the Houston metro area for years. We offer customer-convenient approaches to garage door opener repair and will even fix or replace garage door opener issues on the day that you give us a call. Our ultimate goal is to give customers a complete service within 24 hours of the initial phone call. Furthermore, calls are answered by live operators, no matter when you call about your garage door opener not working. That's right, we offer evening and weekend appointments.
Common Issues Regarding Garage Door Openers
Several issues can contribute to a garage door opener not working. Here are just a handful that our GDR Houston technicians have run into.
- Electrical surges.
- Sagging chains or belts.
- Infrequent operation, possibly due to a short.
- The door hums, indicating power is supplied, yet the door remains stuck.
- The remote does not work.
- The wall button does not work.
Replacing vs Repairing Garage Door Opener
Most of the times that you note your garage door opener doesn't work are times when it just needs to be repaired. Figuring out the problem and paying the garage door opener repair cost probably going to be less expensive than having an entirely new unit installed to replace it. This is why our default approach to such issues is to repair. Our trucks are fully stocked with every component involved in a garage door opener, which is why we can handle jobs in a single visit.
That said, there are some times when we do advise replacing the unit.
- Federal Regulations (UL 325) were changed in 1993, requiring all future garage doors to be more safely designed. If you happen to have a garage door from before this year, there is a high chance that it will fail any house inspections until the unit is replaced.
- Safety concerns regarding a brand. In cases where a garage door manufacturer was sued over safety defects, replacement is the only option.
- The absence of safety eyes. Safety eyes are a requirement of UL 325 and a system that lacks them will be recommended for replacement.
- When a brand is no longer in operation or parts for that brand's openers have gone extinct we will recommend a replacement.
Garage door openers are just like any other technology, changing rapidly to offer better security and an easier way of living. You can rely on GDR Houston to provide you with the best garage door openers and accessories on the market.
Why Do Garage Door Openers Fail In the First Place?
We always perform a balance test when assessing any unit. This one test helps us assess whether or not the unit is balanced. When a door is uneven, off-balance, it can overly stress the opener and cause the opener to repeatedly fail to function. One of the most frequent causes for an imbalanced garage door is because the wrong size of springs were installed. GDR Houston's professional staff will always point out this problem if it shows up and diagnose a solution as part of any inspection.
Please do not hesitate to call if you have more questions about openers. We would be more than happen to educate a potential new client.
"Can GDR Houston Fix My Specific Garage Door Opener?"
Our technicians are experienced with all leading brands, including the following.
- Overhead Door
Give us a call and schedule an appointment!
24/7 Garage Door Repair! Houston’s Top Rated Garage Door Repair, Garage Door Maintenance, Installs, and Service